ABOUT US | Short LMA History

Lithuanian Maritime school was established on 28 April, 1948.
In 1991 Klaipėda Maritime School was renamed Klaipėda Higher Maritime School. The school was reorganized to fulfill the needs of all Lithuanian fleet, not only the ones of fishing fleet. On 12 October, 1991 Lithuania adhered to the requirements of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers.
In 1996, the training base of the school was improved and corresponded to the requirements of IMO STCW Convention.
In 1998 it was renamed Klaipėda University Maritime Institute College.
In 2001 it was reorganized into Lithuanian Maritime College – institution of higher education for seafarers, the founder of which was the Government of the Republic of Lithuania.
In 2008 Lithuanian Maritime College was renamed into Lithuanian Maritime Academy.
The training basis is continuously renewed, electronic simulators for marine navigators, marine engineers and port specialists are being developed.


MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031 







BIMCO